Memorial Day Weekend Ideas
May 25, 2016
Hang on for a minute...we're trying to find some more stories you might like.
Email This Story
What are you doing this Memorial Day Weekend? If you do not have any ideas, hopefully this article will help you decide on something to do. Along with celebrating with friends and doing fun activities, don’t forget to take sometime to think about what Memorial Day is actually about. Memorial Day is a federal holiday here in the United States that is for remembering people who died while serving in the country’s armed forces. We should all be thankful for those men and women and take time to remember those individuals.
- Make Memorial Day snacks (cupcakes, chips & dips, burgers & dogs, etc.)
- Head to the shore for a beach day
- Visit New York City, maybe take a trip to the 9/11 Memorial
- Have a BBQ with your friends, grill some burgers and listen to music
- Go fishing at a local lake, or take a hike at Ramapo Reservation
- Go to the local park or basketball court with some friends to play games outside
- Visit the Intrepid Museum in New York (It’s Fleet Week!)
- Go to an MLB Baseball game with your family
- Take a trip to the zoo with your friends
- Go swimming at a friend’s house or to the local town pool